“Arriving as a foreign student and now a naturalized U.S. citizen, I am one of the few immigration attorneys who have personal and firsthand experience in their area of practice.”
Maximilian Law is a noted immigration law firm focused on helping clients obtain visas, permanent residency and citizenship in the United States. Our team is comprised of highly educated and experienced and legal professionals. Immigration law is federal which means we can assist you even if you are not close to our office. So wherever you are coming from, and wherever you are going within the United States, we can get you there even if it’s a thousand miles away.
Cedric M. Shen, Esq. Immigration Attorney
Cedric M. Shen is a U.S. immigration attorney who has been practicing law more than 15 years. Born and raised in Vancouver, Canada and currently headquartered in Los Angeles, Mr. Shen is a proud dual Canadian & U.S. citizen. He has also been through the U.S. immigration process firsthand – as an F-1 student, to TN visa, to H-1B visa, to EB-2 green card and finally naturalizing as a U.S. Citizen. Mr. Shen is licensed to practice law in the State of California, the State of Washington, and in all United States Immigration Courts. He is also licensed to practice U.S. law in the province of British Columbia as a Practitioner of Foreign Law. Mr. Shen has been interviewed by major news media outlets, such as Fox News, National Post, The Globe and Mail, and CNN Money. He has also been invited to speak on the topic of immigration law by numerous organizations across North America, including the Canadian Consulate General, State Bar of California, California Employers Association, the University of British Columbia, and the Asian Real Estate Association of America – to name a few. He has also published several legal articles – including two published articles before graduating from law school. Mr. Shen’s articles have been featured in Los Angeles Lawyer magazine, Southwestern Law Review, and the Florida Coastal Law Journal.
Admissions, Licenses & Credentials
- Attorney – California State Bar
- Attorney – Washington State Bar
- Practitioner of Foreign Law – Law Society of British Columbia
- U.S. Immigration Courts – Admitted in all Courts in the U.S. & Puerto Rico
- California Supreme Court – Admitted
- Washington Supreme Court – Admitted
- California Real Estate Broker
- Canadian Consulate General (Seattle, WA)
- California Employers Association (Sacramento, CA)
- State Bar of California – Annual Meeting (Long Beach, CA)
- Asian American Real Estate Association – National Convention (Los Angeles, CA)
- Asian American Real Estate Association – Vancouver Chapter (Vancouver, B.C.)
- University of British Columbia, Cross-Border Seminar Series (Vancouver, B.C.)
- Canadian American Chamber of Commerce, Cross-Border Tax & Immigration Seminar (Dallas, TX)
- Re/Max, Cross-Border Tax, Investment and Immigration Seminar (Palm Springs, CA)
Leslie Knowles Paralegal – PERM
Ms. Knowles is our paralegal on our PERM green card cases. She is also experienced with H-1B visas, O-1 visas, and L-1 visas.
Joshua Lopez Paralegal – Family Petitions
Mr. Lopez has extensive experience with family-based applications. This includes marriage green cards, fiancé visas, consular processing, and naturalization. He is also our go-to guy with I-601A waivers.
Yasmin Wilber Paralegal – Employment Petitions
Ms. Wilber handles our non-immigrant visas, including: H-1B visas, E-2 visas, R-1 visas, TN visas, and L-1 visas.
Cynthia Benitez Office Administrator
Ms. Benitez is the backbone of our office and keeps things running smoothly.